YES OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE I ACTUALLY DID THIS
Standing on the stage in front of 3 esteemed DJs and a crowd of strangers
Well closer friends from my younger years would know that the answer to the question
"What do you want to be when you grow up?" is
"Oh.. I want to be a radio station's DJ.. like for FM93.3"
Well, despite the fact that I said that, I didn't do anything at all throughout my 19 years of existence to work towards that goal.
Didn't emcee in school events, didn't join any PA etc etc
But well I constantly spoke in fluent and proficient Chinese. (If I may say this... but from this blog post you should be able to tell that my england isn't powderful at all)
At first I was close to not joining the competition at all. I know chances of winning is low, and even though I'm quite sure I won't regret not wasting the $15 registration fee, it was still a worthwhile experience - to throw yourself out of your comfort zone.
{ boring part I want to remember and that you can choose not to read }
Anyway the day was studded with many lucky moments for me, and my luck ended on stage -.-
Oh well.
As I was saying, I needed to submit a photograph of myself at the registration counter, but since it was a rather impromptu decision to finally join the competition, I didn't have any on hand and I won't be able to print anywhere.
Therefore, at first I asked Irene to help me print. Well, she couldn't rush / make it on time + I saw a Harvey Norman immediately after the exit from the MRT + mui will be super late = why not I print the photo myself?
At first I sort of struggled because someone I can't save the photo into my phone via gmail, but I forwarded the email to my hotmail and that solved the problem.
Saw the self-help machine and guess WHAT?
I HAVE THE USB CABLE IN MY BAG WITH ME! Normally I'll remove them out of my weekend back but for some reason I did not. WOW!
Printed photo successful, 40 cents for 2 pieces because they are having this 1-for-1 event.
Well, Mui arrived after 30 minutes, and we went to withdraw money (need to pay $15) before deciding on sakae sushi for lunch - we needed something light, not soupy and portion that we can control.
Way too nervous to stomach anything.
Mui was the 公开紧张 I was the 闷骚紧张。
Shortly after, Irene and Yeeteng joined us at Sakae. The only who was not feeling nervous can only be Irene. She came to support ME (ok and them, basically, us).
I was number 076, and the other two are in front of me.
Waited for a good 2 hours before it was our turn, and there were more people after us.
Tragic incident when we didn't want to register earlier, because the queue length went out of hand. There were around 160 contestants.
Say "WOW." Good.
{ end of boring part }
The competition was supposed to go like this:
Self intro (30 seconds), Talent, Read news, Q&A (if any)
But there was way too many contestants and everything was cut.
I think I was up there for less than a minute.
mui's performance was good, but yeeteng was slightly too nervous
Meanwhile I just... have no idea what I was doing. Didn't even display 10% of my abilities! Mind sort of went blank and was shaking. Apparently Irene and mui told me that I was glaring at Mr Ding.
I DIDN'T MEAN IT.
But anyway, regardless of whether I will be in for the semi finals (I SINCERELY DOUBT I WILL), it was an interesting experience! Anyway my mindset for the competition was to have fun and give a proper ending to my childhood dream. (even though I was too nervous to actually enjoy the process)
My thanks go out to all these people:
Baba - for telling me to just try and have fun
Mama - sponsoring me 10 bucks and told me to relax
Irene - coming down to support us
Mui - for dragging people (me) to go down with her
Daughtty - giving me advice: don't wear that pair of flying shoes, and everything else
Szenee - gave me 'talent' ideas, hear me rant and gave advice
Khee - encouraging me to go for the audition
yu - pangsehed me at critical moment but still concerned
yaobra, lianbra and doob - for your jiayou
another thing off my bucket list!
Well at least that was humiliating and fun! #M
On a brighter note, at least I didn't fall down.... at all.
I deserve a round of an applause.
;Kace
All photos cr to Irene

2 Comments:
oh i see u change layout...SO NICE WHERE YOU GET DE...
but then they until now also havent release results... BU SHOU XIN YONG tsk tsk tsk
*APPLAUSE*
GOOD JOBBBB SO PROUD OF YOU FOR GOING.
Post a Comment