Wednesday, 29 May 2013

Laneige Beautiful Blogger Challenge

여러분, 안녕!

I was rather hesitant to have my take on this but since it is Laneige and I really want to join the workshop, here’s my attempt!

A little background information, keywords packed into one:

Favourite Laneige skincare product:

Undoubtedly, it has to be this Water Bank Essence


  1. Contains mineral water for skin regeneration
  2. Water Pump System: moisture circulation to safeguard skin moisture, leaving skin soft, smooth and moisturized
  3. Forms natural moisture barrier on skin surface to protect moisture in the skin.
  4. Contains chestnut and seaweed extracts to enhance keratin turnovers, energizing skin and gives it a healthy and smooth texture.
Why is the Water Bank Essence my favourite Laneige skin care product?


Besides the fact that I bought one off qoo10.sg (really, just buy from the online shop if you did enough homework on your skin and everything already, WAAAYYYYY cheaper), it really did wonders to my skin.

 No way am I going to show you photographs of how bad my skin was. No way. (Those who knew already know and if you don’t, let’s just let it stay that way :D)

 But seriously, I’ve always had skin problems ever since I’m a kid. As young as 10, a classmate popped her face right in front of mine and said “Wah KC your pores very big leh!”.

THE FACT THAT I REMEMBERED SHOWS HOW MUCH OF A BLOW IT WAS FOR ME.

Even though I can’t say I have that perfect, dewy skin now (GIVE ME TIME I’M STILL WORKING TOWARDS IT), my skin did become visibly better after I used this product.

Of course I’m not going to lie about this being the miracle product that will solve all your skin problems!

Before this year, my skin is prone to massive acne breakouts, perhaps due to examinations stress. I even went to consult a doctor near the end of 2012, and was prescribed a bottle of antibiotics to apply. (If you need you can ask me for the clinic’s contacts too, two friends recommended it).

Although I still have some acne (hold up: who doesn’t omg -.- ), I have to say that the Water Bank Essence is doing a great job maintaining the moisture of my skin such that breakouts don’t occur that frequently.

Irene (my friend) had always told me to “SPAM MOISTURIZER!” whenever I complained to her about a recent acne breakout, because her dermatologist had advised her to do so too.

Keeping your face dry isn’t the key to an acne-free face, really. I’ve been there. In fact, the drier your face, especially if induced by some skin product you are using, the more likely that your face would secrete more sebum and BOOM POP TADAAH --- MORE PIMPLES, NAY!

-Shakes head disapprovingly-

Well, that was in the past now! Even if I don’t win the contest, I still hope that this post would be useful to you in some way.

As I was saying, even though the Water Bank Essence is slightly pricey, it is definitely a worthwhile investment.

Better skin = more confidence.

Moving on~

Since I’m not financially equipped to get any more of their cosmetic goods yet (I just blew all my savings in my recent overseas trip T__T), I can only drool and dream about their products...

Which makes the second part of this post challenging hmmm...

I decided that my
Favourite Laneige make-up product

will be their Snow BB Soothing Cushion (New!)

How to not rave over this?

BB (Blemish Balm) creams have been out in the market for a long time now and I’m sure most of you would at least hear one or two good things about the product.

However, the thing I find so special about Snow BB Soothing Cushion that it comes in a compact form!

To speak in terms of foundation, I personally find that compact powders provide better coverage and gives you a more even-out tone, whereas liquid foundation can be rather difficult to manipulate.

But since I’ve heard of how long term application of foundation is bound to clog my pores, I’m rather resistant towards foundation.

Which is why I’ll choose to use BB cream whenever I feel like my face is beyond redemption and I really need that cover-up.

However, here comes the problem: I really dislike the method of application for BB cream, where you squeeze some pea-sized amount out, then you use your fingers or a sponge applicator to apply. I find it difficult to blend and to achieve the desired effect this way.

Back to the Snow BB Soothing Cushion

When I first saw the advertisement, I know that I will get myself one someday. (TO REFER YOU TO WHY I HADN’T BOUGHT, IT’S BECAUSE I REALLY DON’T HAVE MONEY LEFT TO SPARE)

It’s like a small white chic makeup product that serves everything that you will need it to be!

Most important factor #1:
IT’S LIKE SWEAT PROOF.

Do you know how important this is in Singapore, where you can be standing still in your own living room doing absolutely nothing and can still leave a puddle of sweat all around you? Ok slightly exaggerated but you get what I mean.

It’s definitely important for any makeup product you use to be sweat-proof in Singapore. Trust me.

Other important factors:
IT ALSO HAS WHITENING & SUNSCREEN PROPERTIES, NOT FORGETTING THAT IT PROVIDES LONG-LASTING COVERAGE.

Still has all the goodness found in a BB cream but only better.

Apparently they have this patented White Plus Renew Complex TM contained in the Snow BB Soothing Cushion, which has strong melanin reduction ingredients and thus gives you the whitening effect.

You know it has got to be good when it has something patented.

I don’t need to explain how it has sunscreen properties and provides long-lasting coverage to cover up your blemishes right?

All right, that’s all I have to share~
Thanks for reading~

Collage of camwhore poses I did for this post, which I’ve decided to post because it will be such a shame if I just let it rest in a folder.



-Bonus-
Even though I’m not required (or supposed) to, I REALLY WANT TO INTRODUCE THIS TO YOU TOO:

Water Sleeping Pack_EX
Light gel-type texture provides intensive hydration, vitality, and brightening effect while restoring skin with deep relaxation


I got it as a sample pack (the one on the right) when I bought my water bank essence. I’m definitely in love with it.

You have to try it for yourself to understand what language I’m speaking.
-plays balabababa i'm lovin' it-

Basically all you have to do is to wipe the goodness on your face before you sleep and WAKE UP TO SKIN THAT'S SUPER MOIST!

Apparently if you sleep in an air-con room, the mask will appear to be a thin translucent film when you wake up in the morning. I don't, so I don't know if it is true or not. Either way, get a sample to try this out for yourself! Best applied mask I've ever used! (Sheet masks for another day, k?)

Thanks for reading!

;Kace
#crossfingers 

1 Comment:

muisock said...

WOuldnt you Wet your pillow?? if ur face so moist hhahahahahah

Post a Comment