Chapter 6
昨晚又玩牌了。不知道是昨晚還是第一天晚上,我們看了紳士的品格大結局。難怪xh會這麽迷這部戲,還不錯看地說 (based on the
last episode).
回歸正題,今天我們的行程是要搭高鐵到高雄(左營),然後隨便亂遊一天,應該是蠻輕松的一天才對。
This time, the
train tickets we booked were at 9:46am, and thus there was really no need to
rush. Or was there?
Because their
train is really damn super punctual, so you’ll still feel very panicky about
the one or two minute difference. Thinking back, we should have ordered 945
train tickets for all trip… 930am is too much of a challenge for “punctual
people” like us.
We collected our
luggage from our rooms after another complimentary breakfast at the hotel.
Sadly, there was no century egg porridge today T_T But the porridge I had was
still good lah. (didn’t bling camerah daon so no photoglaph)
After checking
out, we dragged our luggage along the ulu forsaken area of our hotel and walked
a short distance to the main road so that we can flag a taxi.
Actually it will
be wiser to flag a big taxi that can tank all 4 of us + 4 pieces of luggage,
but our luck has it that we can only flag two – one at a time.
And the suay
thing was the first cab we flagged (the one me and mui eventually took), was a female
driver rather cramped taxi with not much space left, but the driver had
tried to stuff all of our luggage (4) in her already 50% full trunk.
FML
So we decided to
just pay double, as we don’t know when we will finally flag one 6-seater.
Thus, le hyungs
took another cab (think they paid less). Maybe mui is cursed with the more
expensive ride, forever. So I shouldn’t have shared with her.
Observation made in Taichung:
The basic
flag-down fee is around NT15 more than that in Taipei ~ NT85. Additionally,
don’t know if I’m thinking too much, the meter jumps faster in Taichung. Like
every 10 seconds you’d heard a “beep”.
(Yes, when they
will make a beep sound for every NT5 increment. So sometimes I sit in the front
and count the beeps mentally, because I feel paiseh to keep referring to the
meter)
Talked a little
with our driver on the cab, and it was a rather uneventful ride, not that we #S
want something bad to happen lah.
Shortly after me
and mui reached the Taichung High Speed Rail station first, followed by le
hyungs.
And since we
were on time for the first time (RARE SIGHT) we decided to play bridge/cards,
as well as to do weird expressions.
And mui’s 240p
quality photo was included because I wanted to make a collage and I have no
vertical photographs – jk la it’s quite cute isn’t it?
So you can walk
into the area and expect a whole bunch of people kissing goodbye? Can I join?
Come to think of
it I don’t even remember if that photograph was taken at Taichung station or
Kaohsiung station.
This was our attempt
at making faces to indicate how sour the sour plum lianbra gave us was – WIN.
Trip to
Kaohsiung from Taichung via our chosen mode of transport was approximately an
hour++.
Playing cards everywhere, making ourselves looking like badass teenage boys. Think we were really judged by everyone, everywhere.
Random snippets of conversation: (I koped from mui’s video)
Lianbra (after spitting out the sour plum seed) walking back: 在幹嘛?
Yaobra (who was issuing the playing cards), adorned by mui as 賭神:在聚賭。
Sorry idk why but this tickles me quite a lot.
Anyway, after an hour or so, we finally arrived at Kaohsiung!
And this is the
point where I realize I prolly haven’t shown you a photo of the exterior of the
train before.
After lepaking
at the platform for a while, yaobra made a phone call to the guy who instructed
that we should call him before checking in into the 民宿 yao bra had
booked previously. The guy name was Louis.
Afterwards, we
tapped out of the station with our train tickets, and decided that we should
also buy the train tickets to go back to Taipei from here 2 days letter. It was
rather expensive, around NT1500, but to be fair, it is going to be from one end
of Taiwan to the other.
While me and
lianbra were walking towards to self-help ticketing machines, this little kid
popped out from nowhere.
His/her guardian then said “不要亂跑,小心撞到阿姨了”
小心撞到阿姨了
阿姨了
阿姨了
阿姨了
我x你這個大姨媽!!!!
誰是阿姨啊?!?!你才阿婆leh!!!
耿耿於懷的我,一直告訴胸弟們我被叫阿姨了。被大家安慰了一下以後,我們繼續前往計程車乘搭處,目的地是我們今晚和明晚會住的旺旺民宿。
然後我又悲劇了。
因為大家都在趕小黃,而且剛巧看到一輛可疑容下6人的小黃,所以大家都飛快的奔向小黃。不堪寂寞 (好像用錯了)的我也想趕上,所以就跟著跑了起來。
我大錯特錯了。
我將行李往前推,然後邊推邊跑。
因為我跑的太快了/我太笨了,所以不小心踢到自己的行李,然後
摔了一個狗吃屎。
據在我後方親眼目睹全程的美胸說,我仿佛真的飛出去了。
不過不是開玩笑的啦,我當下哭了。
雖然現在回想是回想笑自己,不過真的是痛死人啦!結果那天晚上我的手掌內出血了,痛了幾天。(我跌倒時都是以右臂著地,右手掌支撐)
美胸沖向前扶我,hyungs們聽到悲劇的聲響後回頭看到我的cui樣,也扳了回來。我隱約記得在那裏指揮的工作人員也:O了,然後過來扶我。他好像忍笑忍不住了。
囧
你要小就不要給我過來!!如果你真的取笑我了,我祝你小雞雞往後縮5cm!!!#開玩笑啦
然後美胸一直說還好我沒有撞到在路旁的桌子的桌角,不然我就真的亡斷了。我是想說還好我不是飛向馬路的方向+沒有邊飛邊被車撞死。人品up!
我還是要怪那個阿婆叫我阿姨,所以我才心不在焉的跌倒。
其實也不是啦,我本來就是跌倒女王。沒想到這次的會這麼兇罷了。
還在抽泣的我勉強坐上了我們剛剛在追趕的小黃。司機好像沒看到,萬幸。
所以忍著痛的我恢復了平時的鳥樣後,又再與司機先生交談了。連胸也在問,像高雄有什麽特產是必買的。
結果司機有一些答非所問,一直在重復他一個人買水果一個人吃一個人吃不完的一個人的故事。
I get it, do you?
就稍微有點囧啦,痛得要死還得聽他的心情日記。。。):
一路上,快抵達我們的旺旺小窩服務公寓時,瑤胸撥了電給Louis大叔,結果他沒有接,反而是另外一位有禮貌又親切的女生接了。把電話交給司機後,他們自己討論怎麽走,我們就乖乖的給司機載去。
美胸對司機先生有意思,所以跟他要了聯絡號碼
我們終於抵達民宿接待處啦!!
我們民宿附近的環境 - 大多數是高樓大廈。
細看的話可以看到我們第二晚上去的ktv - 好樂迪。
The reception
counter, in a pretty shade of blue
The uncle who was
at the counter was super friendly! Made many small jokes, like cruelly
rejecting him when he said he want to come along and travel with us. He also
offered us the fridge to store our muachees as we had to deposit our luggage at
this counter/room first.
Then he went on
to discuss with the hyungs about the suggested route we take for lunch and for
sight-seeing, which I don’t know much of the details. As usual, you know I don’t really know
where we’re going – just let it happen.
After discussing
with the uncle and informed that the latest time we can get back to this place
and claim our luggage successfully is 10/11. I CAN’T REMEMBER OMFG.
He said he’ll wait 1 minute extra for us. SHO CUTEXZ.
Mr Friendly.
Then, we set off
to tour Kaohsiung for the day! Our planned route was:
Lunch à Dream mall à 新崛江商圈 à Formosa
Boulevard à Love River +
Dinner à Check Holiday
KTV prices
Somehow, we
wandered off to this place called MEGA大遠百,which was just a few minutes away from our place. Or maybe it wasn’t wandering but
planned. I had no idea.
I turned back to
look at the building we came from and HOLY!!!
It sort of
resembled the Fudan U we went to have short lectures during our Shanghai days!
Ok slightly
resembles. I say so.
We then ventured
into the shopping mall and hunt for food. We were sort of famished if I
remember correctly, and screw you if I didn’t remember
correctly, but one thing for sure – we, are always hungry.
找到了一間氣氛不錯看起來價錢也ok的餐廳,我們就進去了。
這是我們第N頓日式餐點, 不知道我們是在遊臺灣還是日本。
另一個發現:臺灣實在是太日化了啦。。。好多東西都看得到日本的影子。。
我們四個人都點了同一碗湯拉面。哦伊喜!!!好吃到瑤胸都添碗了。
接著,我們隨便抓了一輛小黃,目的地是夢時代廣場。
Prices of taxis in Kaohsiung are on par with Taipei, and thus relatively cheaper than Taichung. Just take it. It’s more convenient too.
There were
simultaneous events going on at the square that day, one is some younger kids
dancing competition, and the other is “FANMEET FOR
SUPERSTARS!”
關系人品,所以不多說了。我們沒有吐嘈,沒有哦。
Inserts random
photograph of me as we walked into the mall
Basically our strategy was to walk from the GF (level one) all the way
to the top, and then to take the ferris wheel. It wasn’t really a smart
strategy as from the photograph I think even you could tell that the big was
freaking big. Not to mention there were like many floors (9/10?).
Basically, it was just亂走亂玩耍白癡.
Then, we reached the floor we should have just gone in the first place – THE PLACE OF
TEENAGERS LIKE US! 死命裝年輕
在這裏要恭喜瑤胸終於找到他尋覓很久的銀他媽紅色雷人眼罩!
你看他這是樂的什麽樣子
不過他也付出了代價 - 找到東西後不知旅行及人生有何意義的空虛感
然後,我們就挖到一家超好玩超惡搞的店!
在裏面耗了好久哦。。
My
own share of 惡搞
Comment
on the justin bieber mask:
Mui Sock i will nvr forget how i
tot u were standing beside me normally but then i focus on the face and got a
huge shock
話說我就是默默地帶著面具,走到mui的身旁,然後在走到了hyungs(who were looking at BL books)身旁。
Muahahahahahaha.
Speaking of BL books, I caught
yao bra standing in front of a shelves with her jaw dropped. Like literally
standing there and receiving some dementor’s kiss. Then she pointed to the
shelves and say “Wah Taiwan so open about BL ah”
-face palm loudly-
Anyway, after much fooling around, we decided to move on from
the shop. I don’t think anyone bought anything…
Inserts random scenario that I recalled:
There was this puzzle shop right smacked in the middle of
nowhere near this shop, and there was this particular piece of a one piece
character made from main pieces. So we stood there and marvel at it.
Because we’re sort of like a group, another group
came over and stood behind us. I thought they wanted to look at what we were
looking at too, so I moved slightly to the side.
Then I realized they weren’t here for
the puzzle piece.
They were here to 圍觀我的鞋。
…
Anyway here’s a view of the floro we were at – Fashion Market floor?
After I bought my iphone case in another shop just beside the interesting shop, we decided to just move on to the roof top to take the ferris wheel.
STOP CHIDING ME FOR BUYING iPHONE CASES, DO YOU NOT THINK THAT I DON’T FEEL UNHAPPY ABOUT SPOILING MY FAVOURITE ONE?????
Did that make sense? Well it didn’t make sense to me.
The elevator took frigging long to reach our floor, and I really didn’t want to wait for it -.- it’s just two floors man.
But yaobra refused to move, so we just stood there and obediently wait lor.
Was rather shocked to see a roof top garden theme park!!! I thought it will just be a ferris wheel, but apparently it wasn’t so (pictures later).
Lianbra buying the tickets for us
Have to say it is relatively affordable compared to you-know-what
Plus it was a rather enriching experience, cause there’s sort of like a guided tour within the cabin itself.
There are cuter alternatives such as this too, but it will
mean that you have to pay more – which poor students like us CANNOT
AFFORD TO BE SO LUXURIOUS.
View you can get from top of the world
Then, as always, it is selca time! Just placed the camera
with the tripod on the opposite side and we just all squeeze on the other side.
People from the other cabins were so judging us.
Don’t care. We’re tourists.
And to explain mui’s大變臉/大便臉 in this photograph, we have to trace back to BC210, where she accidentally stabbed herself in the spine/rib/elbow (I DON’T KNOW WHERE LAH), on the metal bar beside her.
S
ee lor, when I set the self timer you never settle down = rush = tragic.
So I was giving her the are you ok face and didn’t felt it was socially acceptable to camwhore at that point in time, unlike le hyungs who totally no give care.
But in the end I still smiled lah #YOUCANTSTOPME
RIP, mui.
One more photograph with my flying shoes flying.
And another photograph showing you the bird’s eye view of the rooftop theme park – looks rather promising right?
A rather enjoyable ride, thank you 高雄之眼摩天輪!
Typical tourist photograph
I think this
short trip really big open my eye ring about how developed Kaohsiung is. I sort
of expected it to be like Taichung, but little did I know that it looks even more
developed than Taipei!
Not that the two
others places are not as good, each city has its own merits ya?
Then after a
little argument about how to go to our next destination, we took a cab to 新崛江商圈.
Told ya cabs in
Taichung are cheaper and since the places are quite near to each other, it’d be more
convenient to take it. Their MRT line single trip may cost even more than the
taxi fare split into four.
They called 新崛江商圈 the西門町of Kaohsiung.
But there was really nothing much to look at… Or to be fair we were not really in the mood, with me feeling a sore throat brewing (THANKS TO THAT MOTHERFCKING RAIN IN SMLJ), and the rest of them were feeling slightly down too.
I BOUGHT WATER (DRINK MORE WATER/AKA多喝水) FROM CONVENIENCE STORE. I THINK I DRANK THE MOST WATER DURING THIS TRIP.
After shopping at this accessories shop that is rather overpriced but overloaded with people, we decided that there was nothing much to see and we should move on.
Thus, we took the MRT to our next destination, Formosa Boulevard.
Heard from someone who were commented that the MRT of Kaohsiung was making losses and that not many people take it.
We were being lied to lor.
Many people can? Don’t even have seats during non-peak hours – unlike Taipei
Stupidly standing in front of the door where the train will not stop at
Tokens as
tickets for a single trip on the MRT
抵達美麗島捷運站之後,驚嘆了啦!
我在網上看到後一直很想去看一看,不過胸弟們好像沒有什麽興趣leh..
I didn’t really do my
homework before visiting the place, so besides marveling at Narcissus Quagliata’s work of art
(The Dome of Light), as well as snapping
pictures, there was really nothing much to comprehend at that point in time.
Anyway here’s a
website that gives a brief idea of what it is about
According to the homework I have just done,
there are four themes to the Dome:Water,Earth,
Light and Fire, which signifies Birth, Growth, Glory and Destruction.
Majestic overview of The Dome of Light
As I’m about to try to introduce some of the snippets I’ve managed to captured off the piece, I would like to clarify that those in quotations are taken from this website: http://bbs.tiexue.net/post_5689378_1.html.
Starting
off with one humanfied photograph first.
光之穹頂運用天體, 人物, 大自然及高雄土地上特有的生物, 每一塊玻璃都是一段故事
From the two photographs I’ve shown, you
should have seen that the piece is a semi-sphere like tainted glass art piece,
supported by a red pillar and blue pillar.
According to the website, the red pillar
represents the Yang, symbolizing fiery
passion like the eruption of a volcano, while the blue represents Yin, symbolizing the ocean that gives us
life.
My translation sucks.
Board
nearby identifying the pieces that made up the Dome
Ok
here are the photographs I took and I try to see which segment it is in,
referring to the information I dug out from the web.
(Water) 水~ 女人與生命, 海中懷著月亮的女人代表生命孕育的光輝
Fertility - A little like a painting within a painting.
(Earth) 土~ 男人與成長, 心懷大地展望星空的男人, 代表共生共榮的心胸托出了繁華
(Light) 光~ 創造與提升, 胼手胝足創業精神代表光火輪轉, 意氣風發且飛揚, 人神共舞, 日照和諧雨拋虹
And my favourite theme of the four –
(Fire) 火~ 毀滅與重生, 赤腳空拳愁恨鬥爭代表熊熊烈火, 遍地哀鴻灰燼中, 斑斑血淚, 浴火重生鳳凰
仇恨使人失去一切, 在一旁低頭不語掩面哭泣
看到這一片玻璃的時候,我感到好難過哦.
仇恨帶來毀滅, 只有反省才能如鳳凰般浴火重生
“拋下仇恨才能走向美好的未來, 飛向未來的鳳凰也象徵著新的開始”
我喜歡自m的懷著仇恨, 有誰能夠讓我解脫?
雖然很糾結不過真的很美
Lianbra’s random moment of sha-biness captured!
And lianbra was just like kept posing for yaobra’s camera. Haiz, why the hyungs in their own world?
There was pianist playing at this
random corner of the place. Note how the guy above is threatening to blast her
with balls of purple light #opticalillusion
Then, we selcaed again. Yes we can do it anywhere as long as
I’m willing
(please do not take this sentence out of context)
On our third 10x, something happened:
THIS BLUR DUDE KNEW THAT WE WERE TAKING PHOTOGRAPHS BUT HE
JUST WALKED PAST!!! AND THE OTHERS ARE SO UNAFFECTED WHY?
-piak forehead-
Inserts another photo of dying yaobra looking purposeful
We
finally exited the train station and went out.
If you can see the
glass walled edgy structures, those are the exits from the station. Apparently
it’ll be quite a view at night.
Anyway we flagged another cab and took to I, Love River. I mean, Love River.
Saw bikes that could be rented but we were not
qualified enough I think. And there goes a sad mui, as some no good guy
obviously saw that we were interested, and that there were only 4 bikes, but he
went to KS us and felt no guilt.
Seriously… he’s so rude.
Time was around 520pm, and we decided that there was no much 看頭 at this timing,
cause the colours would be bland and everything.
Also, we are
hungry.
Also, we saw this shop that’s selling grilled food and such while on the cab and commented that we really want to eat.
Situated at a
cross junction.
We should be slightly bothered by the quality of hygiene but I don’t really care anymore #spendaweekinthailand
Anyway, it took really very long for food to be served… We were almost hungry died.
After 20 minutes of waiting and playing card games on the table (we are badass, everywhere), they finally served something:
Complimentary Legumes
Together with the handrolls we ordered (each ordered 2)
I REALLY DON’T KNOW WHY MAKING 8 HANDROLLS WILL TAKE THEM 20 MINUTES.
But since it was really delicious (as we were famished), I forgive you, once.
I ordered the蝦手and松蟹絲handrolls, mui was the outlier she was the only one who ordered another bamboo shoots one instead of the prawn.
I remembered the crab was my favourite? I SHOULD HAVE ORDERED ONE MORE, DAMN.
But because the food is quite pricey…
As you can see,
the prices are up at the higher end
Food ordered by
hyungs, and we koped yao bra’s Taiwan beer
Really quite good, as good as Qingdao beer, flavorful I must say, though I’m not an expert in liquor
Lianbra and mui demanded carbs in their diet
Mui and I demand cellulose in our diet
Ok maybe just me, but cellulose ain’t working anymoar. T_T
But of course WHO CAN NEGLECT FRIED FOOD? WHO? Juicy drip oil chicken wings! We each had two sticks x 2 = 4 midwings.
No we’re not gluttons I insist.
Although slightly pricey and the wait was too long and they chase us to sit at another seat, it was still an ok meal.
Just that I almost received the shock of my life as I stepped into the common toilet and saw the back view of a stranger guy releasing liquid into the urinal.
OMFG. WHY SO OPEN ONE?????
I seriously chua tio…
Anyway, for more description, the entrance to the room with 2 cubicles (one ladies one gents) and 1 urinal is like Japanese curtain style.
You have been warned.
Anyway yaobra also tragic-ed, the little girls thought he was a guy.
Awww, kids are so honest!
Walked back to the love river where we came from… and yeap it’s already night time, around 7pm!
Not bad right? Shifu yaobra gave me tips and lessons
on how to achieve effect close to this (mine is too noob la)
So we just
started a whole series of pretend-we-pro photographing session. I think yao bra
didn’t realize, but we were being observed, cause I heard some guy answering “在看別人怎麽拍照”
Cause my photo
too noob, I’ll just use yaobra’s ones…
為什麽叫[愛河]呢?
According to the
2 minute research I did (highly unreliable, view at discretion) on Wikipedia,
it appears that there was this cruising company called仁愛河遊船所, and by some disaster/accident, only two words [愛河] left. Shortly after, it seems that a couple committed suicide together… Chain of events
leading to the change in name to愛河… Maybe it was meant to be.
Basically we spammed photos for quite a very long time, near the same stretch of river LOL. Didn’t take the boat tour cause can’t be bothered + don’t need spend that money la.
My camera so no give strength, kept bokeh-ing me (learnt from yaobra)
And since we’re at the punny river, of course we must take advantage of fact. Besides the cliché 坠入爱河,I attempted a modified version of mui’s statement, resulting in “哪裡有人坐愛河旁邊抽煙的?破壞!”。
You1 are3 well1 come1.
The following series of photographs may cause some slight discomfort; you are advised to prepare yourself mentally. (exaggerated)
Then again, since we’re at such an attractive place, how is it possible that we don’t do the 10x thing?
I flew.
Lianbra’s head.
I got zen look, like
totally. Yao bra finally tragic-ed.
I don’t understand how
lianbra’s head could be
there. 這不科學.
Ok moving on to normal photos after I fixed the shutter speed.
Just one first ok? Don’t sad, I know you want more – wait for the GIFs.
Anyway I heavily edited that series of photographs because we were using the yellow/warm lights on the staircase to provide lighting, which was totally not wise.
But we don’t have better alternatives.
Loving the effect of the photographs, it looks like our background was photoshopped. And where did I place my camera? The staircase.
THUG LIFE. #bornthisway #nolink #hashtagabuse #MAPOTI.
One last photo of love river while we were flagging cabs.
The tall building beside should be a hotel, a very expensive one. Must
be quiet a view.
After reaching back at our homestay area at around 8pm, we went to check
out the prices of the KTV room we will be going the next night.
Inserts photograph of hand sanitizer that excites me and mui. We are
sick.
Then we went back to the convenience store (family mart) just below our
building, to buy icecream!!! Lian bra and mui damn sick they bought two. Sadly
most melted as we didn’t put inside the freezer compartment GOMENSUMNIDA.
Went back to reception counter to collect our luggage, and excitedly
went up to #2109, our shared apartment for two nights
VERY NICE RIGHT!!! I ALSO TIO SHOCK!!
Hyungs room and cosmed room
This time they snatched the bigger, more spacious room because they claim that they always get the suckier room... doesn’t bother me~~
But the place is so homely!
We were so excited we started to do weird dances around the house.
Abruptly came to an end as I rush to be the first to bathe – I do it, quick.
Munched on our icecream ( I bought meiji oreo), we watched WGM (kwangheexseonhwa ß I don’t really know their names) which was quite funny, and we took turns playing 鬥地主 which I already forgot how to play. Damn.
Also we took turns showing videos that left deep impressions on each other.
Mine wasn’t as successful as it was way above the threshold of abnormal people.
For your info, it includes the video that educates you how to split things into two categories – S & M. As well as十萬個冷笑話 – 哪咤篇+皮諾曹.
I contributed “weirdest video ever” and dai mahou touge (szenee should remember this as the unicorn’s mushroom)
Fun night, don’t know why we won’t get sick of playing cards -.-
Buys of the day:
Proud as a
Peacock Pink iPhone case. Loving the texture but I’m afraid it’ll get dirty so
I stopped using it. I’m still grieving over the fact that my black one had broke.
But that probably means that I should move on too.
Group photo:
Formosa
Boulevard is so beautiful :’)
That's it for day 6! Thanks for reading and commenting!
;Kace











































4 Comments:
don't know why i'm saying this again but that video is REALLY. FUCKING. WEIRD.
LOL you might just become a 景点 because of your shoes
Oh we didn't go Gaoxiong!
Is the amusement park there funner?
你跟MUI悲剧那边我笑死了!!!大家在旅途中难免会悲剧。。。这也是赞人品的必要过程啊TT。P.S好想再去那家烧烤店吃。
Post a Comment