Before I run out of time to even blog
and since I started on a series of blog posts no one cares about anyway.
I read my posts written last year and
realize I already did a recount of the few years of birthdays I've been through and I can't possibly
repeat the same.
Starting the day off with a date with my parents and a neighbour (kaki of mama)
Short trip to JB!
Seriously, it takes less time to travel to
Malaysia than to travel from my kampong to Changi.
Haze is still quite bad, couldn't
really see anything across the bridge.
Let's proceed to Food Porn Channel
first.
Went to this korean restaurant mama
promised to bring us, because it's delicious.
Was around 1230 when we reached the
place, no sign of customers yet, and since it's a Friday... People are probably
still working or shunning from the haze.
They threw this tray of greens on our table <3 FEELING LESS SINFUL
There's this hidden away stove where
they fill it with charcoal for authentic meat grilling!
小菜一叠一叠吃不完 - kimchi, beansprouts, salad, nuts, chili
etc etc
Our first plate of meat! 牛肉~ you there stop drooling the food's all mine
The sauces you're supposed to dip the meat into before consumption... really adds flavour
A cold bowl
of soup that is slightly spicy and salty!
LET THE MEAT GRILLING BEGIN!
One more photo because it'd be such a pity to not torture you with
things you want but cannot have.
They also had this exhaust tunnel thingy that channels
the smoke from the bbq away from you, which I REALLY REALLY APPRECIATE, because everyone knows how disgusting you can smell after a heavy korean bbq meal.
Did I forget to mention that all these grilling will be done by a staff there, and you don't have to DIY? Just
eat. Just, eat.
We also ordered this very delicious 煎饼 thing. Really damn yum I
couldn't stop myself from having more.
Oh you think I'm done with food photos? No.
Our second plate of grilled meat, 五花肉~~
I love my proteins way too much.
Like that's not enough, we still have another bowl of
soup: Kimchi soup, spammed with lots
of luncheon meat and hotdogs, some mushrooms and a few mini blocks of ramyeon.
More? Yes, of course.
One final bowl of dessert, shaved ice with 柚子/cranberry taste that is slightly sour and a very
good closure to such a hearty meal.
Bought more food from the mall and went home.
Since it was still early, and I really want to have a haircut, I jioed yu who's so damn on-the-go! (and also my parents refused to go with me)
To commemorate the temporary loss of my thick mane as well as my ootd
Went to jem to hunt for hair salons to visit, finally
settled at shunji matsuo.
Before, photo ahahahaha (I look the same after lah don't expect anything)
Yu just nicely
accompanied me from 4pm to wait till 6pm and then even longer because I got
talked into the treatment package which I was chided for by my mom because she
say that thing is just gimmicks to earn money.
Ok now I know.
But my hair did feel smoother and there was a bring
home mask!
Ok it was expensive T__T
Oh and saw two familiar faces in jem, shawn and marcus (separately)
Went home quite late and accidentally sabo-ed yu
because she was just like, waiting for me forever. Thanks ah <3
Wanted to cut cake but my mom was playing majong again... so had to wait until 10pm and I threatened her and everything so
she just chionged into the room
and sing birthday song and went out again. (<1 min)
My birthday cake, Berry Berries from Flor
In the dark with candle lit
Morning with better lighting
Cross section showing you the 构造
I have to thank ching and alicia for recommending Flor
my parents loved it and so did I. The sponge cake is fluffy and the cream is sweet but not too sweet and I mentioned on ig that I simply love the texture of the crunchy nut-like objects that is hidden within the layers of cream and strawberries.
Happy Birthday-ed
Thank you everyone for the well-wishes, relatives, close friends, friends and acquaintances. Really appreciate the kind thoughts. <3 EVEN THOUGH THE
FIRST PERSON TO WISH ME WAS A STRANGER SORT OF ACQUAINTANCE. But still, grateful!
Thank you to mui for my one and only bdp <3
Special thanks to everyone who
WAed/texted me, and since it's so countable I shall just list them out, in random
sequence:
1. Jun
Seriously I wonder why you're still
forever alone (just kidding we all know why) THANKS FOR SETTING YOUR ALARM
(albeit snoozing) TO WAKE UP AND WISH ME A HAPPY
BDAY DESPITE YOU ONLY HAVE A FEW HOURS
OF SLEEP AND I KNOW THAT SLEEPING IS YOUR EVERYTHING.
2. Daughtty
Late by 2 hours better than nothing~
thank you for always being there!
3. Jane
4.Shieuhuei
Kaypoh ah! :P
5. Khee
6. Ai Ling
7. Jo
8. Yu
9. Yushan~
10. Lianbra
11. Mui
12. Yaobra
13.Xinling
14. Yimin
15. Alicia
16. Doob
Call ah, and somemore don't even
believe it's my birthday -.-
Unfriend!
Unfriend!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now that I’m 18, there are a few things I want to do. #thebucketlist1. Accomplish many things alone. Nah about the #foreveralone joke I’m over it. I kind of enjoy this kind of 一个人我行我素的感觉。Recently I’ve been trained to eat alone in public already. The next time I’d try going to KBOX, watch a movie, and visit a foreign place in Singapore, travelling to other countries, fine dining, star-gazing. Alone.Definition of no strings attached.Don’t get me wrong I love my friends who love me but sometimes they are just not free and there are certain crazy things I want to do and if I were to wait, it’ll take forever. Live in the moment2. Meet new people and make more friends. Guess I can only do this in the later half of my 18th year old life. Gain experience points and create meaningful memories!3. Treasure my current friends <3 thank you lovelies for being there for me!3. Still, be more patient with my parents.4. Study hard for A levels. This is a must. Pain is temporary, Results are forever.
Just don’t let yourself down!5. Make mistakes, but don’t regret your mistakes for too long LOL. I’ve come to terms that i’ll always be an awkward lump of fats and do embarrassing stuff.
To review whether I've accomplished
what I set out for myself to do...
#1 Didn't achieve much alone
activities.. but it's just MUCH, at least I did some! Like the KBOX thing #proud
#2 Meeting new people.. Did I? Colleagues counted?
Can work on this further.
#3 Treasuring my current friends and always will, if you stay true to me <3
#4 Studied hard for A levels,
despite the results. I know I did. Didn't burnout but that isn't the indication
for hard.
#5 How many more mistakes
have I committed? I wonder, but so far the only embarrassing/mistake I can't
get over would be the LRTxP5classmatexOMGDIULIAN incident.
For my last 1x something, I need to
prepare myself into the 20s (OMG SO SCARY CAN YOU IMAGINE).
I'm still stuck in a dilemma because I
find myself really immature but at
the same time I really don't want to grow up, and I probably will not. (growing old does not count) Shall just见招拆招...
University life is starting soon and I
hope I meet
really nice people I can be loyal to and
have life-long relationships with, but I also hope I meet occasionally bitches that enrich/entertain my life.
Study hard and to play hard,
because I've heard from too many people that just studying in uni without
enjoying life is meaningless.
Staying a workaholic, I like it this way.
Talk about my addictive nature as an Influential Worldly Rapture: http://www.thesecretlanguage.com/report/personology/?r=19940621
Lastly, to live and to be alive.
;Kace

2 Comments:
THE FOOD LOOKS DELICIOUS T___T
Aww the "do things alone" point is damn funny and true!! I'm learning to do that tooo :)
And I'm not kaipo k just ummm concerned LOL :D
enjoying good life ar~
you know i'm not just browsing through the pictures but trying to read your words patiently..HAHA I TRIED
Post a Comment