Welcome
to SaSa!
It's been a pretty exhausting month (24 June to 26 July) of working at this
Hong Kong cosmetics/skincare store that caters to your needs from top to bottom and inside-out.
I'm lost as to how to continue with this post because thoughts
and events are running all around and being in the service sector, I can't even
bring my phone around with me as I work... which accounts for the pathetic
amount of photographs taken.
Wait, speaking of photographs... I did camwhore/ record down my
makeup of the day almost every work day. Maybe that's how I can start.
Also, I did
not work continuously for a month, but 3-4 days per week for 4
weeks. Very mediocre
working experience, but at the same time many lessons were learnt.
D0 - 20
JUNE
Day of the interview, 1130 hours. Went down to the HQ after I was scheduled
an interview by the HR.
Anyway how I clinch this job is because
I am Singaporean. Don't har, you have no idea how precious Singaporean workers who are
willing to work in the service sector are. Ok maybe I think too highly of
myself hahaha.
No but seriously. Also, being a young
student with zero prior experience as well as a part timer who's not planning
to stay for long, I do not have any power to negotiate for a more satisfying pay. Wow all olds against myself.
Oh well I asked for it myself anyway.
But very grateful that they are willing to
train and take in someone with no experience.
Trivia:
The haze was still freaking bad that day and I travelled around like this.
I guess
you have already seen this photo before a few posts away. But
still for the completion of this post.
Also because of the haze I gave up another interview opportunity at a music
shop.
Just gonna settle with whatever I have.
D1 - 24
JUNE
Orientation day! Basically means I have to go down for training to have
some basic/minimal knowledge of
common skin issues, make up products, hair care
as well
as fragrances.
Reached way too early. Traces of haze was still present at the point in
time. Four to five other new staffs was at the orientation programme too.
I was way too early, first to
reach.
There were a total of 3 Jnr Beauty Advisors, and 1 Cashier. I think I better not reveal too much about their orientation programme,
otherwise they might sue me for whatever.
Even though I won't reveal the contents, I still have to say we had a
makeup / hands on training later in the afternoon.
7 colors was expected as part of the basic grooming, which consists of foundation, eyebrow, eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, blusher and lip color.
The result was disastrous. Can I say I'm not born for heavy/ smokey
make-up. My belief is that makeup is to
enhance your features, not to let people see that you have makeup on.
How do I put this... It's sort of like their standard is "Ok I want to see this", instead of "Whatever makes you
more presentable".
But ok la it was still informative and educational. I learn.
D2 - 25
JUNE
Well when I was there, I was only informed that orientation will be a
one-day programme that lasts from 9-6 (Ok anyhowly whack the details I can't
remember).
But to my horror, it continues.
There's a day two. But I'm actually occupied in the morning, so I had to
skip the training on providing services and went straight down to stone at the
place after lunch.
Then we went down to one of the branches (Clifford) to have
ground training.
To be honest, prior to this, I've
almost never been to SaSa at all.
All my cosmetics/skincare/nail polishes are either from Korean brands or ok there's no "or". Maybe except a few eyeliners from sephora and a
palette from ud.
Really started from ground zero. I had no idea what SaSa has in store, and
my impression of the shop was a cluttered
and low class cosmetics store that's damn dirty and also like some mama sundry shop.
After I started working there, I realized only 30% of my assumption was
accurate.
Let's not point out what's being proved accurate lah ok.
Anyway the day was spent with us lepaking around the store, reading labels
of some of the products, introduced to the best sellers by our trainer (very
pretty lady, Ms
Caslyn, who later treated me to tea).
Can I also say the girls who went through the orientation programme with me
has very, very different backgrounds from me.
Tried very heavy makeup for the day cause I'm obedient like this. Couldn't
lift my head while I was travelling man!
Took me a grand total of 10 cotton
pads to remove all my makeup.
Oh and I forgot to mention, on the first day we were given goody bags of makeup
inclusive of two-way cake, mascara, eyeliner,
eyebrown pencil, eyeshadow and blusher palette. Don't need jealous. Brand: Sasatinie.
D3 - 26
JUNE
First day of job! I was allocated to JP SaSa initially, but after 15 minutes of stoning there in the
staff room where the staffs looked quite baffled at my presence, I was exiled by the manager to the JCube branch - forever.
No one compensated me for my travelling fees. Deja vu later on. I was
always told to travel without compensation.
Reached the branch awkwardly and to be honest I already have no
recollection of how my first day went.
Was told to give
out baskets and brochures to customers. Didn't key in. I was not familiar with
the mechanics and honestly couldn't be bothered to fight over it.
The highest position staff took care of me for a while that day. Apparently
the manager of the branch was on leave.
My first true interaction with a
customer was unforgettable.
A teenage girl, should be 15 years old, named Samantha I think. She was
looking for double eyelid stickers. Tried my best to give recommendations and
we ended up touring the entire shop, and I learned along with her. Chatted on
other topics such as school and overseas too.
Don't know if she will see this but thank
you for the first experience! Grateful that the customer I served
alone has such a pleasant character :D
Meanwhile, my colleagues 姐姐们 are
ever so helpful and kept giving me advice on how to approach customers, and
said that they will always be there to help me if I don't know how to introduce
the products. <3
Very
lovely branch filled with selfless people, in retrospect I'm really grateful for
being exiled to this place!
One of the only days I didn't take a selfie.
D4 - 27 JUNE
As usual, took the afternoon shift. Which meant 2-1030, unlike the 1015-7.
Very GL working hours with 45 minutes break. Yes this is still defined as a part time job.
Forget it man. I signed myself up for this anyway.
Le store manager was present today. Allocated with jobs, I was mainly
taught to promote fragrances and some makeup.
Manager gave me a much needed crash
course on the perfumes we have, EDP/EDT, top heart base notes, floral
fruity sea pepper etc etc.
Mindblown by the types of perfumes. Also nose blown because I had to smell
way too many scent strips.
Happy
with the bombardment of information though, I was truly learning things!
Also I was about to die from
the physical workload bestowed upon me, being an office girl for the past 5
months wasn't really helpful with the need for me to stand up for at least 9
hours straight.
My double eyelids disappeared among my heavy eyeshadow and thick eyeliner
lolol.
Working at a cosmetics score also gives you a license to experiment with
looks: my favourite 3-winged eyeliner look, later
dissed by a customer who bought $4 worth of tissues, saying that I look like a witch. Never again.
Ok from this point onwards I can no longer recall the daily events, so I'll
go with uploading my daily makeup looks
+ later interesting events/customers I
remember.
D5 - 28 JUNE
5th day of consecutive work I can no longer tank this. Less and less makeup
as the days go by, but even though I hate
overloading eyeshadow my manager and colleagues said MY EYESHADOW APPLICATION NOT SUFFICIENT.
Also thank heavens for my NAKED
palette purchase.
Two
wings today.
Khee came to visit me!!!
D6 - 5 JULY
Extreme ends. Day I
resume work immediately after breaking camp the previous night.
By extremity I meant I went bare
faced/ commando (ok wrong word) for a few days during the camp, then suddenly I reapplied heavy makeup trololol.
Looking back, this isn't
very heavy lah. Refer
to the video above please.
D7 - 6 JULY
Was told by manager I have to show forehead, so I just kept my fringe
braided - forever. This one I think the angle of my wing not perfect ): Aiya make do.
D8 - 7 JULY
Tried a little something new by drawing
eyeliner on the bottom half of my eyes... well it gave this edgy
and fierce look, sadly my incompetent eyeliner couldn't
last the day through. The lower eyeliner broke into fragments halfway into the day.
Also this is the day my left double eyelid became a parallel double eyelid. Fine
with makeup on, but I look super weird without.
D9 - 9 JULY
Still with parallel eyelids, I think by this time, both eyes became like
these.
Went for a
two-wings look. Reason why I love >1 wing is because when you smile, the eyeliner
further emphasizes the smiling eyes. :D
Also I felt that this look gave the
illusion of bigger eyes.
Reapplied shimmering eyeshadow after I finished lining.
D10 - 10 JULY
Can I say this is one of my favourite look?
Electric blue muahahaha, over
black eyeliner for a more intense color, and also creates
the wing. Sephora eyeliner, only good for the color and intensity. (Otherwise...
their kohl eyeliner is pretty smudgy despite its easy application)
Sorry forgot to take close-ups.
And Jan dropped by for a surprise visit!! Major touched but also, she
didn't buy anything ahhaha.
D11 - 13 JULY
And this is the day where a customer sort of yelled and exclaimed into my
face that my makeup makes me look like a witch and that I should be a young
girl I shouldn't even apply makeup yada yada. Yes $4 ma'am.
So insensitive.
Afterwards my dad kept mocking me.
Also, Florence (colleague who took care of me and we had common language)
gave me a bottle of this after I whined about fine lines appearing under my
eyes and that I don't use eye care products.
D12 - 16 JULY
From then onwards, I revert back to one-wing style.
D13 - 19 JULY
Also made friends with this part timer working at the atrium downstairs,
who studies at NTU engine. 3rd year?
Thanks for bringing customers to me yeah? :D
D14 - 20 JULY
Working
in a cosmetics store gives you the license to check yourself out in the mirror
from time to time. I swear.
D15 - 21 JULY
My dad says I 斗鸡眼 in this photograph. His hobby is to 吐槽 his only daughter.
Bonus photo: jun and doob both said my photo very ugly, and I told them to
try... you be the judge.
D16 - 24 JULY
Second last day of work. Improvement of makeup timing from 1hr15min to
around 45 min (when lucky)
Overexposed
photos ftw!
D17 - 26 JULY
Hands too heavy on the eyeshadow BUT WHO CARES THIS IS THE LAST TIME I'M
WORKING AS A JBA WHOOHOOOOO!
Also the drama day where I had to rush down to JP to get spring water. I
have to say I was not reimbursed for my mrt travelling fares. Whut the heck.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let's move on to the section where I recount some of the unforgettable
customers served.
1. lady with same perfume taste
Thanks to her I had a chance to explore all the EDP we have in our store!
2. english teacher
Thank you for appreciating my services so much you even bother to fill up a
feedback form for me and to tell my manager to give me a promotion <3 Glad
to be of help for you!
3. nipple pinker and latacyd.
Sorry, I cannot help it.
4. le fapper.
I don't think I can forget about this guy who { came } into our store
twice. Interested parties please contact me personally, I can recount it for
you but I don't think it's appropriate to post this (either way, facial wash,
perfume, foot cream.)
5. two aunties who became my first VIP
customer
And for complimenting me ahahaha -shy-
6. many customers
Who thanked me and dropping me a single "you've been a great help, thank
you!" regardless of whether they bought things or not. Really made my day and motivates
me to work harder and serve with a smile!
I guess that's about it?
Special thanks once again to khee,
jan and xh who dropped by to visit me (and to buy stuff)
Special no thanks to liars who told me "I'll come back again
later" and never did.
You broke my heart.
Just tell me "Not buying" can already la.
You know how I stood there like a fool waiting for you?
Too much drama.
Thank you to all my colleagues and manager despite whatever was shitty for
me at that point in time: Afidah Florence Karen Yvonne Paul thank you all very
much!!! <33
From crazy dances to random chitchats to helping me get sales hit target
etc etc, I am really blessed to be exiled to jcube because of the location,
location and location.
Of course, as I mentioned, the selfless staff and strong teamwork.
Thank you for everything!
NOW
MOVING ON TO THE NEXT PHASE IN LIFE AGAIN.
;Kace
0 Comments:
Post a Comment